Become part of the solution.
Americans United for Separation of Church and State was founded in 1947 by religious, political and educational leaders in order to defend the most precious of our nation's freedoms '' the freedom of conscience.
* Publishes the award-winning Church & State magazine each month to keep you up-to-date regarding the latest church-state issues, from court cases to school board elections, Church & State is the most comprehensive resource for religious freedom current news and trends.
* Files lawsuits in federal and state courts on behalf of taxpayers and citizens to defend religious liberty and protect religious freedom.
* Educates Americans about the importance of church-state separation through our website and social media outlets and produces a variety of book, pamphlets, etc. designed to shore up the church- state wall.
* Works with state and local education officials and community leaders around the country to defend religious liberty where it's needed most - in the local community.
* Testifies before the U.S. Congress, state legislatures and other governmental bodies and agencies, and trains chapter organizers to monitor and provide testimony before legislative bodies and agencies in their own communities.
* Promotes church-state separation in the news media, including providing expert commentary on breaking religious liberty developments.